NEF awards scholarships to qualified high school students, undergraduates, and graduate students who can demonstrate financial need.
Sigma Gamma Rho Members Only
Beatrice Fox Scholarship | Central
Laura J. Hawkins Scholarship | Northeastern
Evelyn Hawkins Hood Scholarship | Southeastern
Lizzie B. Miller Scholarship | Southwestern
Claudia A. Whitmore Scholarship | Western
Ruben Bussey, Esq. Law Scholarship
Dr. ReJesta V. Perry Scholarship
Vivian D. Tillman Scholarship
Dr. Lorraine A. Williams Scholarship
Philo Sallie A. Williams
Philo Geneva Young
Seven Founders Scholarships
NEF General Scholarships
Drs. Katie K. & Joseph C. White Memorial Scholarship
Dr. LaRona J. Morris Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Alice McNeely Swain Endowed Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Cleo S. Higgins Scholarship
Dr. Santana & Karen Williams Scholarship
David & Corine J. Green Scholarship
Rodney Vernell Memorial Scholarship
Delta Sigma Chicago Alumnae Chapter Scholarship
Lovette Hood, Jr. Ministerial Scholarship
Inez Thomas Colson Memorial Scholarship
Land of Lincoln Scholarships
Jennifer Lauren Wheatley Memorial Scholarship
Lillie J. and Cornell Van Landingham Book Scholarship
Minnie & William Blakely Book Scholarship
Rev./Dr. Leatrice J. W. Emeruwa Book Scholarship
Scholarship Application Instructions
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY.
Application is now closed.
Recipients will be notified and announced in August 2021.
Thank you for your interest in the National Education Fund (NEF) scholarship program. NEF offers need-based scholarships and requires that each applicant complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as part of assessing financial need. The next page contains our scholarship application in which the following items are needed to complete the application:
1. Wallet size picture of applicant (240 x 336 pixels): For publishing in our publication, if awarded.
ALL UPLOADED DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN A PDF OR MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT.
PLEASE SCAN DOCUMENTS AS NECESSARY.
View the video below for a quick tutorial about scanning (not screenshot) using an iPhone.
NO OTHER FORMATS WILL BE ACCEPTED, INCLUDING GOOGLE DOCS, PHOTOS & SCREENSHOTS OF DOCUMENTS.
2. Transcript: Most recent transcript of completed work through the last completed term from a high school or college/university.
3. Financial Aid Award Letter: Your institution will provide you a Financial Aid Award Letter for the next academic year. You will need to submit a copy of this Financial Aid Award Letter with your scholarship application.
a. This Award Letter can typically be found in the online student portal provided by your institution.
b. For graduating high school seniors: Please provide the Financial Aid Award Letter only for the institution you have committed to attend in the fall term.
c. For current college students: If your institution will not provide your 2020-2021 Financial Aid Award Letter until after May 15, then you may use your 2019-2020 Financial Aid Award Letter.
d. For your reference, review the infographic on how to read your financial aid award letter.
4. Letter of Acceptance: For newly admitted students at all levels, you will need to provide your letter of acceptance by an institution of higher learning.
5. Two (2) letters of recommendation (excluding family members): One letter describing your academic ability, a second letter describing your leadership capabilities and your service contributions to your community. Each letter should be no longer than one page in length, no less than 11-point font, and no less than .75 margins. The letter should be addressed to the NEF Scholarship Committee.
6. Uploads: The preferred format for uploads is PDF of a size no larger than 850KB. The PDF file size can be compressed using Adobe Acrobat or a free online service. Note that scholarship applications are considered complete with all supplemental documents successfully uploaded. We will not accept JPEGs or screenshots of any documents.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com